There is a great need for excellent substitute teachers in our district.
A substitute teacher carries out the absent teacher's prepared lesson plans. Note: During a prolonged absence as defined by board policy, the substitute is responsible for performing all essential functions identified in the absent teacher's job description.
- Completed application for a short term or long term substitute teacher license. Valid Ohio teacher's license or certificate is preferred.
- Meets all mandated health requirements.
- Documented evidence of a clear criminal record and drug test results.
- Demonstrates professionalism and maintains a positive work attitude.
- Skillfully manages individual, group, and organizational interactions.
- Communicates effectively using verbal, nonverbal, and written skills.
- Completes detailed paperwork accurately.
- Organizes tasks and manages time effectively.
- Averts problem situations and intervenes to resolve conflicts.
- Lifts, carries, and/or moves instructional supplies and equipment.
- Performs activities that may require reaching, crouching, and/or kneeling.
- Uses self control, perseverance, and physical skill to manage students.
- Maintains and acceptable attendance record and is punctual.
- Travels to meetings and work assignments.
Those qualified and interested are welcome to apply for school year 2018-2019.
Application packets may be picked up at the
Northridge Board of Education Office
2008 Timber Lane, Dayton, OH 45414
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.
The District provides equal opportunities for employment, retention, and advancement of all personnel. This Board encourages all personnel to assist in the accomplishment of this goal through their personal commitment to the concept of equal opportunity for all personnel regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, economic status, age, military status or disability.