POSITION: SUBTITUTE CAFETERIA WORKER
• High School Diploma or GED
• Meets all mandated health requirements.
• Documented evidence of a clear criminal record.
• Available and able to promptly report for work when called.
• Self-directed and able to learn required skills for the position.
Qualified candidates apply online via the Dayton Area School Consortium at https://www.applitrack.com/dayton/onlineapp/ AND submit a letter of interest and resume to Judi Hunter, Food Service Director, [email protected] Northridge Local School District, 2008 Timber Lane., Dayton, OH 45414.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
The following duties are representative of performance expectations. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform essential functions.
• Checks with the supervisor for assignments and/or instructions. Carefully follows all directions. Learn skills needed to perform all assigned duties. Seeks advice when expectations are unclear.
• Upholds board policies and follows administrative procedures.
• Promotes a favorable image of the school district.
• Assists with deliveries. Organizes, stores, dates, and rotates stock as
• Helps other staff as needed to met established schedules. Carefully uses supplies.
• Ensures compliance with all food preparation regulations (e.g., food temperatures, sanitation procedures, etc.)
• Sets up serving lines and replenishes supplies as directed.
• Properly stores or disposes of leftover food.
• Cleans, washes, and sanitizes equipment and food preparation areas (e.g., work surfaces, cooking equipment, serving lines, accidental spills, etc.) stores supplies and equipment as directed.
• Learns how to operate the fire suppression system.
• Promotes a positive image of the food service program. Wears appropriate work attire and maintains a neat appearance.
• Respects personal privacy. Maintains the confidentiality of privileged information.
• Assists with special district events and rental groups when assigned.
• Reports student discipline problems, vandalism, or other related concerns.
• Promptly documents all accidents/injuries.
• Takes precautions to ensure student safety. Reports unauthorized persons or suspicious circumstances immediately.
• Reports evidence of suspected child abuse as required by law.
• Maintains a positive and courteous attitude when dealing with others.
• Accepts responsibility for personal decisions and conduct.
• Strives to develop rapport and serve as a positive role model for others.
• Performs other specific job-related duties as directed.
• Completes Public School Works training as required by the district.